Dirigo Collective is looking for a Media Planner to join our team as our agency continues to grow. As a Media Planner, you will be responsible for assisting our channel strategists in researching media options in the markets afforded by a clients budget, and working with our media team to help our clients achieve their marketing goals.
You will have access to the latest tech and methods in the discipline and use a mix of problem-solving and empathy to discover the best ways to connect our clients' messages with their consumers.
Media Planner duties and responsibilities
- Applies market research information, such as demographics, media usage, ratings and the type of content in a given vehicle in order to choose the best possible venue or medium for an advertising campaign.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned local media markets and serving as market expert within the agency.
- Works with senior media buyers to plan advertising in such platforms as billboards, radio, broadcast television, cable, newspaper, magazines and publisher’s digital and social platforms.
- Utilizes buying software to optimize media plans.
- Knowledge of media options, programming, trends, measurement and standards of excellence.
- Evaluating new media opportunities.
- Tackling day-to-day media management process.
- Proactively identifying and/or creating value added packages to improve client media plans and maximize impact.
- Approving invoices, reconciling discrepancies, and posting buys, as appropriate.
- Assisting in managing all client budgets and media billing.
Media Planner requirements
- Minimum 1-3 years’ of experience as a media planner or in a similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), GSuite, MAC based documentation creation software.
- Knowledge of Freewheel (Formerly Strata) software programming and other media buying/research tools a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources (Nielsen, comScore, Scarborough, etc.) and convey these results in a clear, consumable way.
- Strong ability to assess, evaluate, and reorganize daily/weekly priorities to meet goals and deadlines.
- Preferred BSc degree in Advertising, Marketing, or a related field.
- Perform tasks with multiple interruptions or distractions.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- A rewarding experience. Dirigo Collective is a growing, entrepreneurial company with a flat organizational structure. All team members are considered key contributors to the growth of the business.
- Works closely with agency partners and a growing media team.
- Benefits include but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Gym Membership.
- Office is located right on a river with beautiful Yarmouth nature walking trails perfect for stretching your legs during break time.